Seems like I have some new subscribers to my blog! Thank you so very much…really appreciate it! 🙂
And taking a diversion from crafting, I made some YUMMY chewy chocolate meringues! Took the recipe from bakerella.com and it turned out just FANTASTIC! 🙂 Making meringues for the first time myself so was a bit worried about how it would turn out, more so after I had some amazing ones at my friend, Mary Hopkins’ house this August in Scotland 🙂
These chocolate ones are totally worth it!
You will need just four ingredients –
1 cup (8 fl oz / 250 ml) large egg whites – about 7
2 cups (1 lb / 500 g) castor sugar
5 tbsp (1 oz / 30 g) natural cocoa powder
4 oz (125 g) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a clean, dry heatproof bowl, whisk together egg whites and sugar. Set over, but not touching, simmering water in a saucepan.
- Whisk constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved and remove from heat. (I felt the whisk for any sugar crystals.)
- Beat the eggs on high using your mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until stiff and glossy (can take upto 15 min). Also make sure your bowl is big enough as the whites swell when beaten.
- Sift cocoa over the meringue. Sprinkle chopped chocolate on top.
- Then, fold together gently with a spatula until combined.
- Use a scoop to drop even amounts of batter onto prepared baking sheets about two inches apart.
- Bake for about 8-9 minutes. Rotate the pans and bake for another 8-9 minutes until the cookies are fluffy and full of cracks.
- Transfer the cookies, leaving them on the parchment paper, to wire racks to cool